lunes, 23 de marzo de 2015

Hope


  Some time ago Rita asked me a painting. She requested me to include some elements, like the sea and the wisterias, and to make reference to her and her parents who are dead.
  I took a long time to finish it because at some point I got stuck and I could not find a way to unite the composition I had conceived.
  The arches of the fresco by Masolino in the church of Saint Clemente in Rome have been humming in my mind since they hit me for their delicacy the first time I saw them.

Masolino, "The Annunciation"

  So I included them by playing to mix spaces, as the times too had been mixed.

  Rita became an image of the hope. Speranza is her surname.


  The rainbow of one of the landscape repeats that idea of hope and reconciliation between different dimensions and the volcan of the other one represents the Vesevius which dominates her town.

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario