martes, 14 de julio de 2015

Illustration in a fancín


  The other day I met for a coffee my friend Piedad, she involved me in an activity she had to do: she would write a text on the fairy tale "The Bremen Town Musicians" for a fancín and she suggested me to draw an illustration...for the following day!
  I remembered well the tale and, when I reread it, I thought that it was not among my favorites.
  Many people remember the sentence "any place is better than death" and I liked to overturn this message.
  The 4 animals have crossed the bridge and they are walking towards a horizon by leaving behind a mountain with cultivated terraces that looks like a ziggurat. Above, a cemetery with cipress trees and, on the slopes, some of the home which "the little animals" have fled.
  That animals!
  I understand them and I would do the same but perhaps we should have less fear of that mountain whose peak touches the sky...
  ...although the horizon also touches the sky!
 Now I like more the Brothers Grimm fairy tale.  

The test by Piedad Valverde and my illustration.


No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario